The BMV-700 and BMV-702 are high precision battery monitors from Victron Energy. The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere-hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery. Ampere-hours consumed are calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account.
Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current, and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-700 series also displays state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts.
Easy to install: All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included RJ 12 cable (10m) and battery cable with fuse (2m); no other components needed.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed, and state of charge
- Time to go at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10,000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 9.5 - 95V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0.01A)
- Low current consumption: 2.9 Ah per month (4mA) @12V and 2.2Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V
BMV-702 Additional Features:
Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and corresponding alarm and relay settings.
Package includes Battery Monitor, Shunt, UTP cable, and Pos. supply cable.
Manufacturer Model No.: BMV-702
Manufacturer Part No.: BAM010700000R