Morningstar TriStar solar charge controllers are technically advanced and professional solar battery chargers and load controllers. This optional digital LCD meter is desiged to be mounted in a remote location and works with the TS or TS-MPPT 45 or 60.
This remote meter is provided with a mounting plate and 30m (98.4 ft) of cable. It is identical to the TS-M-2 local meter version except that the TS-RM-2 version can be mounted at some distance from the controller.
The TriStar meters can be added to the controller when it is first installed, or at anytime after the controller has been in service.
The meter will display a great deal of information about the TriStar controller and the operation of your system. In addition, the meter enables manual functions and controller diagnostics. These capabilities will increase your confidence that the system is working properly and will help you to improve system reliability, battery life, and system performance. It is worth the time getting to know your meter!
- Intertek ETL Recognized for use with Morningstar’s TriStar family of charge controllers
- Complies with CE and LVD standards
- Suitable for 12, 24, 48 Vdc systems
- Fully protected from wiring faults
- Controller-mounted and remote versions can be used together
- Extended LCD temperature rating (-20C to +70C)
- Multilingual display (English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish)
- Displays aggregate system data from multiple TriStar controllers
- Manual Ah resets and equalization control for individual controllers and for multi-controller systems
- Diagnostic capabilities
- View internal logged data stored in TriStar controllers that have datalogging capability
- Remote version supplied with 30m (98.4 ft) cable, may be shortened if needed
- Connections are by standard RJ-11 6-position modular plugs
- 5-year standard warranty
- No Enclosure provided. Must be mounted on a flat panel surface.
- Self consumption: 7.5 mA (not backlit), 42.5 mA with backlighting
- Mounting plate dimensions: 4.56" x 4.56” (116 x 116 mm)
- Plate material: powder coated steel
- Meter weight: 0.4 lb (0.18 kg)
- Connector type: RJ-11 (6-pin)
- Cable: 98.4 ft (30 m) - 6 conductor
- Cable temperature: 60°C rating
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +60°C
- LCD temp. rating: -20°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -55C to +85C
- Humidity: 5-95 % (NC)
- Tropicalization: conformal coating on both sides of circuit board
- ETL Recognized Component