Rutland 914i Specs:
- Delivers more ampere hours per day. Produces up to 30% more energy than Marlec's highly successful and market leading 913 model
- Uses the very latest technology and features Marlec's innovative new MPPT system
- Same compact size yet almost 3 times more powerful. The first 910mm diameter Rutland turbine produced 50W @ 10m/s (19 knots) and on the 914i it now produces a power rating of 140W @ 11m/s. Amazing
- Aerodynamically styled
- Extremely quiet and smooth in operation
- Rutlands have over 30 years world wide sailing experience and have been used on sailing yachts because they give their owners total peace of mind and complete confidence.
It is universally accepted that with a Rutland Windcharger mounted on board the modern sailor can enjoy the comforts of ample lighting, navigation equipment, essential communications and of course laptop usage all with a reduced engine running time.
The new 914i takes things on a stage farther, it is Marlec's latest and most powerful flagship model to date and you may be asking yourself how this major improvement has been achieved?
Marlec know that space on board a yacht is at an absolute premium so their overiding aim is to always get more power from less turbine!
They have achieved the power production increase through the use of modern electronic controllers programmed to intelligently match the characteristics of the generator to the constantly varying speed of the micro wind turbine.
Thus they are able to extract more power from the same "swept area" of blades for our customers whilst the resulting increase in efficiency also brings less wear and tear on the components too.
And, the 914i is as quiet as ever more than matching the reputation of our previous models for on board quietness, so you can rest easy, literally.