MorningStar Protostar Solar Controller PS 15
15A / 48V
This is one of a series of five different controllers available from MorningStar Corporation. It features a PWM series battery charging topology (for stage charging capacity), three position battery select switch (gel, sealed, flooded) jumper to illuminate telecom noise, and has built-in temperature compensation. It is designed for harsh environments such as Anna Marine installation through conformal coating of PCB, stainless steel fasteners and anodized aluminum heatsink. Will support overloads up to 25% on a short-term basis. It offers the ability to install remote battery voltage sensing terminals allowing long distant location from the battery bank without loss of charge capacity. Has a built-in set of terminals for a remote load up to its maximum working current and includes a low voltage disconnect (LVD) protection, and disconnecting that load when the minimum battery voltage is reached, and reconnecting it once a higher-level battery voltage is achieved from the recharging by the solar panel. Works on a negative ground system only.
Digital meter provides accurate voltage and current display and allows for self-diagnostic function to display the various controller status parameters.
Optional remote temperature probe available.
Key Features and Benefits
- Estimated 15 year life
- PWM series battery charging(not shunt)
- 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded
- Very accurate control and measurement
- Jumper to eliminate telecom noise
- Parallel for up to 300 amps
- Temperature compensated charging
- No switching or measurement in the grounded leg
- 100% solid state
- Very low voltage drops
- Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- LED’s to indicate battery status and faults
- Capable of 25% overloads
- Remote battery voltage sense terminals