The finest 30 amp MPPT charge controller for Solar, Wind, or Hydro!
The Marine version comes standard with the mounting bracket, 4ft of Flexible conduit, Battery temp sensor and Extra conformal coating.
The KID is the most versatile medium sized charge controller on the market. It is ideal for small renewable energy systems. The KID allows for true input paralleling. As your power needs grow, add more modules to the array and a second KID. This will give twice the power from a single array.
- Solar, *Wind or *Hydro modes
- MPPT Tracking
- True paralleling - Inputs and Outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite’s exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Load/Clipper function user selectable. Clipper function is used on *wind and *hydro and requires an additional MidNite KID Clipper
- Lighting Controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp Sensor standard with marine version
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper.
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Boat mount bracket included on marine versions)
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
The KID’s HyperVOC feature allows up to 162VOC. (The KID will not be harmed by voltages between 150 and 162VDC (this is the HyperVOC range). The KID will remain in standby until the voltage is 150v or below.
Manufacturer Part #
MNKID-M-W for White version
MNKID-M-B for Black version
|Operating Input Voltage
|Nominal Battery Voltage
|| 12V through 48V
|Maximum Output Current
|| Bulk, Absorb, Float as well as Equalization
|Battery Voltage Range
|| 9V to 64V
|| 2 Year
|| 7 Lbs
|| 9.5"L x 6.6"H x 3.4"W
|| Flooded, AGM, Gel, Calcium SMF,
Lithium BMS, and Custom