CruzPro VAH60 Digital Volts Amp Hour Monitor provides accurate low cost digital instrumentation for batteries between 9.5 and 33 Volts. The VAH-60 displays battery voltage and charging or discharge current and tells you how much battery capacity has been consumed and how much is remaining. It keeps track of all current entering and leaving the battery and applies the appropriate Peukert's and efficiency factors. You can set Low and High voltage alarms and Low Amp-Hours Remaining alarms. When activated, the VAH60 built-in 85 dB alarm will sound and the display will flash. Five levels of backlighting can be selected and all set-up, calibration constants and alarm values are saved to non-volatile memory.
The VAH-60 comes complete with a calibrated 150 Amp shunt to measure current. All constants and calibrations are pre-set during manufacture but you may alter these settings to suit your particular needs. Calibrations can be altered using the front-panel switches for: Battery voltage, battery current, charge efficiency, Peukert's exponent, battery bank capacity (in amp-hours), low and high voltage alarms and low amp hours remaining alarm value. An auto-zero function is easily initiated from the front panel to zero the ammeter.
With a press of the button you can display battery voltage (9.5 to 33.0 VDC), current being delivered to or draining from the battery (-150 to +150 Amps), the number of amp-hours remaining in the battery bank (0 to 3000 Amp-Hours) or the percentage charge remaining in the battery bank (0 to 100%). High volts, Low volts, and Low Amp-Hours Remaining alarms can be independently set using the front panel switches and all alarms can be turned ON/OFF simultaneously with the press of a single key.
The VAH60 draws only 0.017 amps and is designed to be left on continuously. 5 levels of backlight (including OFF) can be selected from the front panel and is saved to non-volatile memory. The VAH60 outputs Voltage, Amps and Amp-Hours Remaining on the standard NMEA 0183 serial data line at 4800 BAUD. This ASCII information can be used to log performance, repeat the display information at a remote location (see www.cruzpro.com/rp30.html ) or for use with the CruzPro SEAviz virtual instrumentation software running under Windows on your computer (see www.cruzpro.com/seaviz.html). If NMEA 0183 serial data is not required, then the output terminal can be programmed as an external alarm output pin.
- Operating Voltage: 9.5 - 33.0 VDC (Higher voltage versions available by special order)
- Current Drain: 0.018 amps nominal Display: 4 digit LCD, 5 levels of backlighting
- Data: Volts, Amps, Amp-Hours, percentage charge remaining
- Ranges: 9.5 to 33.0 VDC, -150 to +150 Amps, 0 to 3000 Amp-Hours, 0-100% charge remaining
- Battery Size: 100 to 3000 Amp-Hours, programmable
- Data Ouput: NMEA 0183 serial 4800 BAUD, $IIXDR,V; $IIXDR,A; $IIXDR,G
- Alarms: Built-in 85 dB audible alarm. Settable high and low voltage alarms and low charge alarm.
- Size: 2.5\" dia X 4.1\" deep (61mm x 104mm) Mounting: 2-1/8\" (55mm) round hole
VAH60 Connection Diagram: