Discontinued and replaced with the 10-199 Regulator
The 10 170 Regulator Powerline Alternator is designed with a soft start, which increases belt and bearing life and feature either keyed DC or self-excitation AC, available in 12-volt models for battery systems. The 10 170 Regulator waterproof connector eliminates corrosion due to moisture, and includes short-circuit protection for both field and ignition circuits.
- 12-volt models for battery systems
- Soft start (low startup field current) increases belt and bearing life
- High-side regulation
- AC self-excitation turn-on, as well as DC turn-on, with or without ignition lamp
- High-voltage shutdown
- 100-volt load dump protection
- Loss-of-ground protection
- Short-circut protection for both field and ignition circuits
- Up to 15 amps of available field current
- Drives dual alternator systems
- LED indication of ignition, field, stator, and overload alternator condition
- Anodized aluminum heat sink with potted components
- Adjustable systems voltage with top-mounted potentiometer
*Pigtail and Harness not included. Please select the 11-80 Harness and 11-89 Pigtail for the 10 170 Regulator Powerline Alternator.